In honor of National Rum Day on August 16, Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar, located in Pointe Orlando on International Drive, will dedicate the entire month of August to its favorite spirit with its annual Rum Month celebration, featuring special rum tasting flights available daily from August 1 to 30 in the dining room and at the bar beginning at 5 p.m. Then, on National Rum Day, all rums, rum flights, and rum cocktails will be offered at half-price at Happy Hour from 5 to 7 p.m. at the bar.
Cuba Libre has hand-selected two special rum flights in celebration of Rum Month, each consisting of three 1 oz. pours. The restaurant’s rum list showcases more than 90 varieties from Guyana, Haiti, Nicaragua and Tortola, and includes dark, light, spiced and aged rums for every taste. Guests looking for a particular flavor profile can ask their server for recommendations.
Cuba Libre’s special Rum Month tasting flights include:
El Coqui Flight ($18)
Named after the Puerto Rican frog with a unique sound, Don Q is what islanders drink when they want to relax on the beach.
- Don Q Single Barrel: Aged for more than 10 years. Rare, single barrel hand-selected rum. Rich, buttery notes of deep woodiness, mingled with tannins and sweeter notes. Aromas of heavy oak bouquet, leather and dried fruit.
- Don Q Añejo: Light golden brown in color. Aged 3 to 7 years in whisky and bourbon barrels. Medium-bodied. Molasses, vanilla, tobacco, leather, and oak. Slight sweetness. Pleasant complexity. Dry finish.
- Don Q Gran Añejo: A blend of rums aged 3 to 12 years to create blend of sweet and dry finish. Flavors of baked apple, tropical fruits, spice with hints of nuts and smoky vanilla. Wonderful to sip neat or on the rocks.
Kirk and Sweeney Flight ($20)
Named after a wooden rum running schooner that shipped spirits from the Caribbean to America during prohibition. Distillery based in the Dominican Republic.
- 12 Year: Aroma of earthy sugarcane and vanilla. The initial flavors of sweet nectar and honey give way to notes of oak and toffee. The finish ends with a smooth vanilla kick.
- 18 Year: Traditional, well-aged. Notes of brown sugar, vanilla, and some chocolate/coffee overtones on the nose and palate with some curious red wine notes. Coffee character builds along with Port-like sweetness with finish.
- 23 Year: Fully matured sipping rum. Deep caramel, flecked with barrel char, toffee, intense vanilla, and a touch of baking spice — particularly cloves on the nose and palate with a rich, silky finish
Cuba Libre located 9101 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819 call (407) 226-1600 to make your reservation today!